CCPA RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA“) provides consumers who are California residents with certain rights to their Personal Information. This Section explains those rights. If you are a Member, user, or website visitor who is a California consumer and would like to exercise any of those rights, please see information listed under How to Exercise Your Rights below.
For purposes of this Section, a “California consumer” is a natural person who resides in California, and does not include persons to the extent they are (i) acting as an employee, owner, director, officer or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit or government agency that is doing business with Client Connect LLC or (ii) acting as a job applicant to, an employee of, owner of, director of, officer of, medical staff member of, or contractor of Client Connect LLC.
If you are a California consumer, you may have the right to:
Request that Client Connect LLC provide you with information regarding what Personal Information about you we have collected, used, disclosed, or sold in the preceding twelve (12) months. You may only make a consumer request to know about or access your Personal Information twice within a twelve (12)-month period. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will disclose to you one or more of the following as requested:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting your Personal Information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared your Personal Information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you in the preceding twelve (12) months.
Request we delete certain Personal Information we collected from you, unless that Personal Information is subject to an exception under the CCPA (as described below). Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information in our records that is not subject to any of the CCPA exceptions. Specifically, we may deny your deletion request if your Personal Information is required for any of the following reasons, which we will identify in our response to you if we deny your request:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide the service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Request that we stop selling your Personal Information. As indicated above, we sell certain Personal Information to third parties. Once we receive your request, we will process your request within 15 business days. You may also use an authorized agent to submit a request to opt-out on your behalf, as long as you provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so that has been signed by you and the agent provides such proof to us when they submit your request. If you opt-out and subsequently enter into any transactions where a sale of your personal information is required as a condition of completing the transaction, we will provide you with instructions on how you may opt back in. In addition, your opt-out will not affect any situations where you direct us to transfer your personal information to a third party.
Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA. Client Connect LLC will not discriminate against any California consumer who exercises any of the rights described above. Specifically, except as permitted by the CCPA, we will not deny you goods or services; charge you different prices or rates, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; provide you with a different level of service or quality of goods or services; or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Authorized Agent. You may have the option to designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf, so long as the authorized agent has your written and signed permission to do so, you have taken steps to verify your identity directly with us, and you have directly confirmed with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request on your behalf. If you submit a request on behalf of another person, we may require proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from the person for whom you are submitting a request.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity, if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual, or if an exception applies. We will advise you in our response if we are not able to honor your request.
We will not provide social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, or government issued identification numbers, financial account numbers, health insurance or medical identification numbers, account passwords, security questions and answers, or unique biometric data generated from measurements or technical analysis for human characteristics. However, will inform you that we have collected this type of information, if applicable.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by Client Connect LLC to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
VERIFYING YOUR REQUEST
We cannot fulfill your request to exercise your right to know or right to delete if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to register with us as a Member.
To verify your identity, we will ask that you provide the following personal information when you submit your request:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Mobile Phone Number
- Zip Code
- Copy of an acceptable document to prove your identity, such as a copy of your government issued identification card or a copy of your U.S. passport.
- Copy of an acceptable document to prove your residence, such as a copy of a signed rental/lease agreement, home utility bill (excluding cellular phones), insurance document, or property tax bill or statement.
You may need to provide additional information as part of your responses to our identity verification questions. We will only use this information to confirm your identity. Depending on your type of request or the information requested by you, we may require additional information in order to verify your identity and fulfill your request.
We will respond to your request within forty-five (45) days. However, in certain circumstances, we may require additional time to process your request, as permitted by the CCPA or other applicable law. We will advise you within forty-five (45) days after receiving your request if such an extension is necessary and why it is needed. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your verifiable consumer request.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS OR CONTACT US
Write to us at:
Client Connect LLC.
1860 Obispo Ave
Long Beach, CA 90803
Call us at 714-699-4053
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org